We can support your multiparameter medicinal chemistry optimization even further with our high quality in vitro ADME-Tox profiling platform and in vivo DMPK services.
We offer a co-located early ADME panel with our medicinal chemistry laboratories in the Netherlands to support our integrated optimization projects, as well as a larger suite of customizable in vitro ADME-Tox and in vivo DMPK services at our Admescope laboratories in Finland and Sweden.
It is crucial to conduct the right studies at the right time to save costs and reduce the risk for failure at later stages of a project.
Physicochemistry and binding
Physicochemical parameters give information about the “drug-likeness” of the compound, with respect to absorption from the intestine. Information about these properties is also valuable when planning optimum conditions for other in vitro ADME assays.
Permeability and transporters
Several assays are available for evaluating permeability and identifying drug transporter substrates or inhibitors.
In vitro metabolism
High-quality in vitro metabolism services are available to evaluate the metabolic fate of the compound in liver or extrahepatic tissues. The samples are analysed with state-of-the-art UPLC/HR-MS equipment.
- Metabolic stability
- Metabolite identification and profiling
- Metabolite synthesis
- Identification of metabolising enzymes
- Non-CYP mediated metabolism
- Extrahepatic metabolism
- Metabolite production and NMR identification
- Reactive metabolite screening
- Acyl-Glucuronide reactivity
- IVIVE & PBPK modelling
Evaluating drug-drug interaction risk is a crucial part of drug safety evaluation required by the drug regulatory authorities. The available services cover the identification of metabolising enzymes, enzyme inhibition and enzyme induction assays, as well as transporter-mediated drug-drug interactions.
- CYP inhibition
- UGT inhibition
- Inhibition towards other metabolising enzymes
- CYP induction
- UGT induction
- Transporter interactions
In vitro toxicology
Information about in vitro toxicity early on during the drug discovery process support your internal decision making. The available non-GLP in vitro toxicology assays are planned for cost-efficient screening with low compound consumption and cover the most commonly faced toxicity related challenges.
In vivo drug metabolism and pharmacokinetics
- The in vivo DMPK services cover a variety of animal experiments in several species. In-house rodent PK studies are carried out in AAALAC accredited animal facilities and studies with other species are completed together with selected European in-life partners.
- Animal pharmacokinetics
- In vivo MetID
Safety metabolism and in vivo MetID
Safety metabolism studies help you to confirm that the exposure to human metabolites is adequate in preclinical safety species, or to effectively identify potential MIST (metabolites in safety testing) issues in time, through a battery of different types of in vivoMetID studies.
- Metabolite profiling and characterisation in pre-clinical species
- Human metabolite profiling and characterisation (FIM, SAD, MAD)
- Human MIST analysis (MAD + preclinical safety species)
- Metabolite profiling and characterisation in radiolabelled human ADME study
- Metabolite profiling in milk secretion studies